Redesigning My Life

Writings on my career change and my search for a richer life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Two Weeks To Go

The anticipation and anxiety are growing as I wind down to the last two weeks of full-time work. I didn’t give a standard two-week’s notice to my employer but instead tried to negotiate a transition that would start after May 12. Nothing has come of the negotiations and I’m treating the next two weeks as my last. Whether or not I do negotiate some technical support work for them after May 12, things are going to change dramatically. Certainly it will be the end of full-time work and a steady paycheck for the foreseeable future.

Most of the time I’m looking forward to rearranging my work life, but I am already having anxiety attacks about money. That is my biggest fear on the work front, that all I will accomplish is trading the stress of holding a job I’m not interested in for the stress of not earning enough to maintain our lifestyle without running down our savings. Then I remind myself that a major goal—maybe the biggest goal--of my life redesign is to apply my creativity to figuring out ways to make money that aren’t at all obvious to me now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home